منتديات تو زوو متخصصون في عالم الحيوان وتربية المخلوقات الجميلة ويضم منتدانا أكبر وأروع تجمع لهواة تربية الحيوانات والطيور والأسماك والأحياء المائية والزواحف والبرمائيات ولمتابعي تحركات الحشرات والمفصليات ولمحبي الزراعة والعناية بالنباتات كما نوفر لكم من خلال سوق تو زوو الالكتروني الكبير عرض سلعكم بالمجان وبعد ذلك كله تستريحون في استراحة الهواة متمنين لكم طيب الاقامة لدينا

تابعنا على تويتر تابعونا على فيسبوك العضو المميز
تحميل تطبيق توزوو على Ios تحميل تطبيق توزوو على Android

اشترك في نشرتنا البريدية ليصلك كل جديد

العودة   منتديات تو زوو > :::: منتدى هواة الطيور :::: > قسم هواة الببغاوات

موضوع مغلق

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع طرق مشاهدة الموضوع
قديم 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
هيبه اسد
محترف

صور... parrot.

[
IMG]http://www.indonesian-parrot-project.org/images/frontpage/2toosintree.jpg[/IMG]

An Elegy for China:
A Shooting Star Whose Light Was Extinguished Long Before Her Time

In 1993, I first fell in love with parrots, largely due to the comical, yet somehow stately antics of a magnificent Moluccan cockatoo at a zoo. By the end of 1994, I brought home China, a gorgeous one-year old Moluccan hen. Now isn't the time or place to try to describe her wonderful qualities. I've never been able to, anyhow.

But by 1997, I was searching frantically to determine whether these jewels were still alive in the wild, since there was so little information available about them. Since then, whatever little bit I have been able to, or tried to, accomplish for parrots (especially cockatoos) in the wild and in captivity, has been inspired by China.

China had a foot-long cylindrical steel bell inside her cage which she loved. When I woke her up each morning, I usually said, "China, ring your Happy Bell." She would furiously shake it like a rattle, as if there was so much joie de vivre inside her that she simply could not contain it all. But when I found her on May 6, after she had collapsed and died, she looked liked a tattered Raggedy-Ann doll. Or like Homer's warrior Gorgythion, his head drooping in death , like a red poppy weighed down after a Spring shower. Even in death, China was still beautiful. She died at the far-too-young age of ten.

Now there is huge hole in my heart for that pink bundle of love and "trouble", who died, ironically, because her heart was too big. Her deep, knowing eyes are no longer bright. But that only means that we must redouble our efforts to help these wonderful, and very-special creatures. We have tortured them, both in the wild and in captivity. These birds seem to me to be "star-crossed" like Romeo and Juliet. As if accursed by the Gods, they have been knocked down over and over again -- largely because of the very qualities which enthrall them to us.

We say that parrots live a long time, but China’s flame was quickly burnt out like a candle in the rain. She was a shooting star whose brightness was extinguished long before its time. For now, China, your wings have lost their fire, like sunset fallen behind the horizon. But tomorrow, you rise, with your feathers once again ablaze with the dazzling flames of the sun. You have traversed a full circle— the Moluccan Mandala.

Thank you for showing me a glimpse of stars and of suns, even of dreams and of heavens. Now, it's time for you to fly away home.

Your glow must, and will, continue to provide a beacon for years to come, to light the search back to a pristine world, long ago and far away. In the canopy of your ancestral home on Seram, your proud cries, and those of your cousins, will always call out : “I am Cockatoo; Hear me now!”

I hear you, China. I always will.

"I believe in things unseen
I believe in the message of a dream
and I believe in what you are
because you loved me"

[ from "Because You Loved Me ", words by John Scott Sherrill, Kostas (c) Sony/ATV Songs , 1998 ]

"Nothing's gonna harm you, not while I'm around...
Demons are prowling everywhere, nowadays
I'll send them howling, I don't care--I've got ways

No one's gonna hurt you , no one's gonna dare.
Others can desert you, not to worry, whistle, I'll be there
Demons can charm you with a smile, for a while, but in time
Nothing can harm you;
Not while I'm around."

[ from " Not While I'm Around", Sweeney Todd (c) Stephen Sondheim; ; original production in 1979 ]

Montage of China with crest feathers courtesy of the wonderful artistic talent of Connie Pavlinac.
Thank you so much Connie!
هيبه اسد غير متصل  
قديم 01-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
هيبه اسد
محترف

مشاركة: صور... parrot.

للمعلومه هذا الكلام الى بالانجليزي انا مدري وشو
اتمنى تترجمون الى يعرفeانجليزي
هيبه اسد غير متصل  
قديم 04-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
ThE aSHeN joKeR
هاوي نشيط